For day 3 of my 30 day writing challenge i’m doing something a bit different. As of late, i’ve been trying to expand my food choices a bit and steer away from my usual acai bowl for lunch. I am definitely a creature of habit so normally I tend to have the same meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Since i’ve been making it a point to try some new recipes, I thought I would share some of my favorite lunches i’ve been making that are super easy to pack for school or work.
I’m excited to share these because this post is actually in collaboration with my friend Natasha from Namaste Active. She posts about all sorts of health and wellness related topics on her blog and takes such beautiful pictures for her Instagram. After you’ve read through these you should definitely go checkout her recipes and show her some love 🙂
Follow her on Insta Checkout her Blog
With that being said, I know you guys will love these recipes. In addition to being delicious and flavorful, all of these lunches are quick, easy, inexpensive, and would work great for meal prepping. They are also all vegan and gluten free. Combined with the snacks, you have a perfectly balanced meal that will keep you satisfied for hours and provide tons of energy, without leaving you feeling heavy and gross.
I hope you enjoy!
Continue reading “3 Easy Vegan Packable Lunches”
I have been seeing so many of these “Currently” Posts lately and I love reading them! I think it’s a cool way to get to know someone a bit more and take a peek into their world, as well as get some ideas for new products to try. As August comes to an end, I wanted to share my favorite products and things I have loved this month, as well as things I have learned and hope to achieve for September. Everything I have mentioned I will have linked in the posts in case you wanted to check some of these products out.
Continue reading “August Favorites”
Okay, so during the process of my moving I was eating WAY TOO MUCH vegan junk food, and kind of fell off the health wagon. I felt very very lethargic, foggy brained, and had no energy. I think the hardest part about living a healthy lifestyle is getting back on track or just starting out. Since it takes 21 days to make a habit, I decided I would create some easy salad recipes to last me for the next 3 weeks! This is one of my favorite recipes so far. Not only is it super easy to make ( only 3 steps ), It is delicious and PACKED with vitamins and minerals, making it extremely detoxifying for your body. This is the perfect jump start salad to getting more veggies in and cleaning up your diet. Of course, because it is so colorful and pretty, it makes it way more fun to eat 🙂
- Purple Cauliflower
- Rich in vitamin A,C, folate and calcium. Contains high levels of cancer-fighting phytochemicals.
- Red, Yellow, and Orange Peppers
- Rich in vitamin C and beta-carotene. Great source of antioxidants. Anti- inflammatory. Good source of vitamin C, fiber, and iron. Sweet flavor in the yellow peppers balances out the others in this recipie.
- Great source of antioxidants. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, K, C, and B. They also contain high levels of folate, potassium, iron, and manganese.
- Great for heart health and digestion. boots energy levels and packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals.
- Great source of vitamin C,K, and biotin ( which is amazing for your hair and skin )
- Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, hydrating!
- Contains high levels of vitamin K,C, and B. Great for brain health
- One of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet.
For this salad, I just chopped up all the veggies listed above and dressed it with a little bit of lemon juice. I love this salad because after I eat it, I feel like i’ve done something amazing for my body.
When looking down at your plate, you should see a variety of different colors. The more colors, the healthier and more nutrient rich your food will be.
EAT THE RAINBOW