Okay, so during the process of my moving I was eating WAY TOO MUCH vegan junk food, and kind of fell off the health wagon. I felt very very lethargic, foggy brained, and had no energy. I think the hardest part about living a healthy lifestyle is getting back on track or just starting out. Since it takes 21 days to make a habit, I decided I would create some easy salad recipes to last me for the next 3 weeks! This is one of my favorite recipes so far. Not only is it super easy to make ( only 3 steps ), It is delicious and PACKED with vitamins and minerals, making it extremely detoxifying for your body. This is the perfect jump start salad to getting more veggies in and cleaning up your diet. Of course, because it is so colorful and pretty, it makes it way more fun to eat 🙂
- Purple Cauliflower
- Rich in vitamin A,C, folate and calcium. Contains high levels of cancer-fighting phytochemicals.
- Red, Yellow, and Orange Peppers
- Rich in vitamin C and beta-carotene. Great source of antioxidants. Anti- inflammatory. Good source of vitamin C, fiber, and iron. Sweet flavor in the yellow peppers balances out the others in this recipie.
- Great source of antioxidants. Carrots are rich in vitamin A, K, C, and B. They also contain high levels of folate, potassium, iron, and manganese.
- Great for heart health and digestion. boots energy levels and packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals.
- Great source of vitamin C,K, and biotin ( which is amazing for your hair and skin )
- Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, hydrating!
- Contains high levels of vitamin K,C, and B. Great for brain health
- One of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet.
For this salad, I just chopped up all the veggies listed above and dressed it with a little bit of lemon juice. I love this salad because after I eat it, I feel like i’ve done something amazing for my body.
When looking down at your plate, you should see a variety of different colors. The more colors, the healthier and more nutrient rich your food will be.
EAT THE RAINBOW